Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Arsene Wenger : The Desire is There, the Belief is There

arsenal monaco
Champions League Preview :
Arsene Wenger Interview

About Stats : No team has turned around a two-goal deficit in the away leg of a Champions League tie
"The statistics don’t matter," he said. "They are against us. The result from the first leg is against us, we’re conscious of that.
"But no matter how big the percentage is, we are going to give absolutely everything to make the stats lie. That’s our desire and that’s our belief we can do it."
About Olivier Giroud
"He owes a great performance for himself as all the greatest strikers want to do as well as possible on the pitch,"
"He missed a few opportunities in the first leg but what striker doesn't miss an opportunity?
"I really think he is at the international level. I believe this. He has the right mental level. We have to trust the people who play at this kind of level.
"We will need to be really creative up front in order to create some opportunities,"
"We had a lot of chances in the first leg actually, more than people said. It is true that Giroud didn't manage to convert. But now he is in better condition. He got over the disappointment of the first leg and will do everything to be at the top level."

About his comeback to Monaco
"For me, it is very special moment,"
"I was a young coach here at Monaco… I have a lot of respect for Monaco and I want to thank the whole club."
"Tomorrow will be a Champions League game, and the experience I have gained can help me to make the right decision," he added. "I am able to separate the emotion of coming back and the importance of the game. I am here for work and my job is for my club to win."
About France
 "It is a bit of a concern if it rains a bit but I just went up there and it’s good, very good," he said.
"When it rains in the south of France, it rains, it doesn’t drizzle. They had to postpone a game recently against Montpellier because of the game but apparently the conditions will not be bad on the rain front."
"The French level is very good," he said. "I always had the highest respect for the French league, because when we play against a French team we always have a mountain to climb as they are physically ready, well organised and I think in France they are up for Europe as well, very focused on it.”
"It is always very difficult to play against French teams. Having said that, our record with Arsenal in France is absolutely outstanding. We have always done well here."
About the Opportunities
"Ideally you want always to score early goals,"
"but I believe you just have to play with full power, not forget your organisation and structure in the team and the goals come when they come. We must focus on the quality of your game on both sides, defensively and offensively. Nobody can predict when the goals will come.”
"You can expect us to show a different side to our game. We totally missed the first leg against Monaco, which was surprising. We did not play well, but sometimes in life if you miss a chance you do not have a second chance, We do, so we will play it fully."
"The desire is there, the belief is there,"
"Football is not predictable but I can predict the desire and belief will be there to do well. We play in the Champions League last 16, we have experience and we know that anything can happen. As long as we believe we can do it, I am confident we will."


arsenal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment