Friday, January 30, 2015

Branislav Ivanovic : About Habit Scoring Important Goals

Branislav Ivanovic
‘When you go one by one, first with two goals against Liverpool, I think it changed my career here at Chelsea. It gave me confidence, and proved that I could play at the top level in the Champions League,’
‘Napoli was very important on our way to winning the Champions League, and was a crucial game for the team,’ Ivanovic recalls, looking back on a tie in which we were trailing 3-1 from the first leg in southern Italy.

‘It was so difficult for us after the result away but at home we did it and there was a great atmosphere. I was lucky as well, as a right-back I am not normally in that part of the pitch during that period of the game.’
‘I don’t really have a favourite of those goals. All of them were important for the team, important goals in big matches,’ he says.

‘With the Europa League final, scoring a goal that gives a trophy for the team is of course important and, maybe, the most important goal because it gave us a European trophy. It is something special in the last minute, and of course I am still happy about it.
‘All these goals helped the team, but because it is not my main job there is not the pressure on me to do it, and so I am more relaxed.
‘When the game is equal, you know set-pieces or certain situations can help a lot, and when you are attacking in the late minutes there can be panic in the defence.’

And how does he now reflect on Tuesday night?

‘Finally, Liverpool on Tuesday was very important, maybe it didn’t make the difference because we did well and didn’t concede so we would have gone through on away goals, but for me personally it is important and a nice moment.
‘Of course there are many other important games we have played and other guys decided them for us, but maybe one in 10 games it is me, and it’s a great feeling. To make these memories is fantastic and very important to look back on.’

chelseafc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment