Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Siem de Jong : It's always nice to have a little pressure

Siem de Jong
"It's a big difference to me just being able to train with the group."
"It feels good. I still have to get more training sessions and some minutes with the under-21s in the coming weeks to get up to full strength - especially if I want to play long parts of a game."
"I need some conditioning work but also games, so it's probably going to be a couple of games with the under-21s - but also just training sessions, 11 against 11 and those kinds of things."

"It's been a long recovery. After the operation I was out for six weeks but after that I started back pretty quick and trained for two-and-a-half months by myself, so it's been a long time."
"It's difficult sometimes because you're not really in the group and you're not really with the team, but most of the time I was at the Training Centre so I'd see the guys a lot and still felt part of the team. But it difficult when you've just come here and you're out for such a long time, so I'm glad to be back training."

"I can understand that people expect quite a lot from you when you arrive as a new player and then you get injured for four months, so of course I want to be back in the team as soon as possible - but I have to be a little bit sensible about it"
"It's always nice to have a little pressure. In games where you have pressure, I think you can do a little extra."
"I've been important in the past in important games so I hope to be here too - but first I just want to get back into the game and start playing again."

nufc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment