Monday, January 19, 2015

Rickie Lambert : It's unbelievable to score for Liverpool

Ricky Lambert
About the Goal
"Running to the fans is [something] I will always remember," the No.9 told Liverpoolfc.com following the final whistle. "It was brilliant. Absolutely superb. It's brilliant to score a goal, but it's unbelievable to score for Liverpool.

"Raheem put me in, but I knew there was a player there, so I couldn't take it inside. Raheem was on the outside, which helped me put it through the defender's legs."
"To see it go in was brilliant. Obviously I want to affect the game and the best way to do that is to score the goal for my club."

About Team Performance
"I thought our display was superb again. I think each week we're getting better and better and the momentum is building. Again, we definitely deserved the win."
"We didn't manage to get the second early in the game, which I think we deserved. Then there were a few shaky moments, but full credit has to go to the 'keeper today, Simon Mignolet. I thought he was superb."

"I think our attacking performance is getting better, but as we didn't manage to get the second [early on], when called upon, our defence, especially the 'keeper, was there for us," continued Lambert.

About His Partner Fabio Borini
"I was pleased for Fabio," said Lambert. "It was a great goal. He's done well. He was superb against Sunderland and he's done well today.

"He's played the role brilliantly and he's got his goal. It was a great ball by Hendo, and we deserved to go at least 1-0 up. It was a great performance from every player."

liverpoolfc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment