Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wilfried Zaha : I am happy now

Wilfried Zaha
“This is the club where I grew up and when I am here I feel more confident. I have lived in South London all my life and my family is here. After the games I go back to home and discuss the game with my dad which is great for me to be able to do.  I have a smile on my face because I am back on the pitch. I enjoy playing football, so when I am doing that I am happy. It is about people having trust in me. This gaffer has done that and I am trying to give it back and performing for the team.“

“Obviously there was a period where I thought 'What's going on here?'As a footballer it is important not to think that way and remain professional. I knew that if I got the chance I needed to take it and not dwell on the past and I am not one to do that and it was up to me to take it.”
“I am just glad we managed to get back into the game really, and every time we broke forward we looked like we were going to score.“

“I managed to get into space and run at them too. We gave sloppy goals away at the beginning but we can’t keep doing this every game.“
“The opposition will just get better in the Premier League and they will punish us more. We’re obviously scoring goals but we went through a period where we couldn’t score at all.“
“Right now, if we’re going to carry on scoring goals, we need to tighten up the little things because there are going to be teams out there who will out-score us.“

cpfc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment