Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Michael Carrick : I was Nice to be Captain

Michael Carrick
“I had a chat to the manager about it [being named vice-captain] and it’s great for me for him to think like that,”
“It’s probably a natural thing with me being one of the older players and more experienced, that’s the natural step – it’s great. I managed to be captain when Wayne missed a game [Stoke in December], which was nice, but it’s not the be all and end all of everything. It’s achieving things with the team that means more to me, but it’s nice to be recognised.”

About Wayne Rooney
“Wayne has just got quality about him, he’s just a good footballer with his passing, knowledge of the game, his creation of chances and scoring goals," Carrick declared. "He’s an all-round good player, better than good obviously, he’s got a lot of skills that most players don’t have.
“You can compare them in a way but it’s such an easy thing to say. Both players are their own players in their own right and have their own qualities. Scholesy was such a fantastic goalscoring midfielder. With Wayne being the natural goalscorer he is and playing in midfield there is a similarity, but I don’t think you can compare them as they’re so different.”

manutd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment