Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thibaut Courtois : We want to win everything

Thibaut Courtois
About the 1st Leg Semifinal Capital Cup
‘I think a draw, in the end, was a good result,’
‘It could have been worse and now the next game will be like a final, in front of our fans and we have to be able to win.‘
‘We know we are strong at home but every game is a difficult game. Liverpool are playing really well so we know they are dangerous.

About the Ambition
‘We want to win everything; it will be difficult but I think we have the team to do it and hopefully we can achieve it. To play in a final at Wembley would be a really nice experience.‘
‘When you can play a final, and hopefully win it, you get the feeling of winning trophies and you want to go on and win more. Last season the group didn’t win anything and they were very close, so you want to everything possible, starting with the League Cup.‘

‘Myself, Diego, Filipe and Cesc Fabregas [the new players], along with the rest of the team, want to win trophies with Chelsea and that starts with the League Cup.‘
‘At the moment we are playing well in all of the competitions,’
‘We’re in the semi-final (of the Capital One Cup), we’re top of the league, on Saturday we have an important game in the FA Cup, which we have to win, and in the Champions League we will soon be playing Paris Saint-Germain, which will be hard.‘
‘I think we have the team to win everything but obviously there are other teams which can do the same.’

About His Injuries & Competition with Petr Cech
‘I was not 100 per cent fit, I still had some pain in my thumb so obviously then it’s not good to play if you know you cannot help the team to your full level,’ he explained.‘
‘There was another top goalkeeper ready to play and I trained two or three times at 100 per cent so that I was ready to play at Liverpool. With the finger protection I don’t feel anything anymore.‘

‘I’ve known from the start of the season he [Petr Cech] is behind me and pushing me. In training we are working hard, at a really high level.‘
‘He’s a top goalkeeper so obviously I know I have to play well in order to continue playing. Me and Pete just want to help the team, that’s’ the most important thing.’

chelseafc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment