Monday, January 19, 2015

Louis van Gaal : Pace is Always Important, and Defensive Too

Louis van Gaal
"I think pace is always important, which is why we try to play with Angel Di Maria as a striker,"
"When I changed the shape, I wanted speed or pace also in the attacking line, that’s why I changed in that way. It’s a change in attack that brings lot of risk, but we have won 2-0 (against QPR) and I think it was deserved."

About Defensive Field
"The defensive organisation has been good from the beginning,"
"We have only one match against Leicester City that was five goals and, because of that, we had a bad average against us, but I think we have a very good defensive organisation so that is not a problem."

“It's not only defensive organisation you have to judge,”
“For example, against Southampton, we had 60 per cent of ball possession. We were the dominant team but we lost and the result is, of course, always the most important aspect.”

“Defensively, everybody was saying I don't have the right defenders but they cannot write that anymore because this kind of figure [only conceding seven goals in 12 matches] is, of course, very good.”

manutd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment