Monday, January 19, 2015

Diego Costa : The Interview

Diego Costa
About the Performance
"As a striker, obviously you live and get judged by the goals you score,"

"It is good to get off the mark straight away but more than that it is about the team performance and the hard work. The first goal could have been scored in the second or the third game, or I could have scored in the first and gone through a dry period with no goals, but what is important is the dedication and the hard work and the belief that we can always do better."

"If my first goal didn"t come in the first few games I would have still been confident. That is because the team we have is such a great one and the ability of the players that play in midfield and feed the striker is very high, so I always knew goals would come. It is just about hard work and togetherness.

"Fifteen goals is a good mark and I hope to improve it, but more important than my goals is the team is winning."

"Of course it is nice to be the topscorer but when I came here my aim was to win the league. The most important thing is the club going well, like we did in the other leagues I played in, and it would be nice at the end of the season to see the team doing well as well as the individual."

"I have not been a player who plays a lot in the box,"

"I always played from outside the area, bringing the team forward, sometimes with individual moves, but I think that being in the box at the right time in the right place, that comes as a consequence of the hard work during the game and sometimes even from the stage in your career."

"It is probably happening more now but the main thing is sometimes I bring the play forward with the team, sometimes individually and sometimes it happens to be a rebound or the ball comes off the post."

About Goals
"The last one against Newcastle was a nice goal too, there are a few that were nice,"

"Especially when the team wins and you score it becomes a special goal. When the team loses and I score it is not so special and you can look at it in the sense that okay, a player has been at a club five years and may have been topscorer three or four times, but how many titles has the team won? If no titles then being topscorer does not matter much individually."

"The most important is to win the titles first. We haven"t played any finals yet or any game that really marks the season. If we play a final and I have scored then that becomes the special goal."

About the Club
"As the structure of the club is one of the best in the world, it has been easy to settle,"
"Everyone has welcomed me here very well, there are a lot of Brazilians as well as Spanish people and all the staff are really friendly."

"It is always nice to have a good sense of humour. It is always nice to have a good, positive changing room where you can leave any problems behind when you get here, but it is not just me - there are also other characters in the changing room who are really funny like Didier and Eden."

"With a united changing room and a positivity, the great character from all the individuals, it makes it easier. Especially because the season is going well, that helps a lot to have good moods among ourselves and we see the individual qualities. A changing room that is really happy and positive is halfway to a title, it is always good to have that."

chelseafc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment