Sunday, January 11, 2015

Brendan Rodgers : Abour Raheem Sterling Comeback

Brendan Rodgers raheem sterling
"Raheem will be back next week. It's something that was already planned from the summer.

"In my time here, in two and a half years, he's come from the youth team through to becoming a full international player and one of the best young players in European football.

"There's a lot asked of him and if I was selfish I would maybe have him here with me for every single minute because he's been brilliant, but I need to think of the kid and the long-term for Liverpool and for him.

"I felt after the Christmas period, because he's played a lot for me - he's played over 100 games already as a kid and he's just turned 20 - it would be a good period for him to have a rest.

"He missed the FA Cup tie and missed today's game, then he rejoins us again next week and will be fresh and fit for the second half of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment