Monday, January 19, 2015

Stewart Downing : About Match-Winning 3-0 against Hull City

stewart downing
 "I always wanted to get more goals. Sunday was about the team winning but if we can chip in with goals all round the team, it's obviously healthier for us and it gets us further up the league."

"I think that's the pleasing thing, we've got goals in and around the team. If it's not Andy, Enner or me, we've got other lads. Diafra [Sakho] was missing on Sunday, so we have to step up. If we all chip in, we finish in a better position. Simple."

About Alex Song's Pass
"I was thinking they're playing quite a high line and lot of the defenders were going with Andy. I thought if the ball drops to Alex I'm in. It was a great pass and I think it had to be that quick to get through the back four. It felt like I had an age to finish it but just pleased it went in. I was sniffing for that chance and it was a great pass from Alex."

About the Game
"The first half was really poor," he admitted. "We didn't really get out of the blocks. It was a bit flat, I think you could sense it in the ground and they made it difficult for us. But I think the second half, the manager wanted us to try different things and get in behind them more. I wouldn't say the system changed, it was just more about making better runs and being better with the ball."

"We just had more energy, more movement and it's killed them a little bit. Really good goals, three different goalscorers and so everyone's happy."

whufc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment